With your help and support, this year we had some important wins:
* Passed legislation extending Medicaid postpartum coverage from 60 days to 12 months, ensuring mothers can access the critical health care they need.
* Advocated to prevent mass health insurance coverage losses and unnecessary terminations during the unwinding of Medicaid continuous coverage protections.
* Extended eligibility increases for food assistance and child care subsidies, maintaining benefits for thousands of Nebraskans.
* Launched the Paid Sick Leave for Nebraska campaign to secure paid sick leave for all workers on the November 2024 ballot.
* Elevated local welcoming and belonging efforts through celebrating the largest-ever National Welcoming Week in Nebraska with partners across the state to support 50+ welcoming events in 9+ communities.
* Passed legislation expanding the Bridge to Independence program to include youth aging out of the Juvenile Justice system who are at risk of homelessness.
* Protected youths’ access to their social security benefits from being taken by the State through outreach and education to youth, families, and attorneys.
This work isn't easy, and it takes a long term vision and strategy. Over and over, I'm so grateful that Appleseed is here doing that hard work to protect and strengthen Nebraska families. Will you join me in supporting this work into 2024?