As Nebraska moves forward in implementing the Affordable Care Act, a crucial part is in the creation of an Exchange, and it is imperative that your voice is heard!
The Exchange will serve thousands of Nebraskans, and will be the place many access health insurance and get premium tax credits. As a result, it is critical that the exchange focus on consumers and work for all Nebraskans. But for that to happen the Department of Insurance needs to know what Nebraskans want. Please consider attending one of the following meetings in your area to learn about the exchange and tell the Governor and Department of Insurance how to make health care more accessible to you.
Governor Heineman has specifically invited many groups to give testimony at two meetings which are also open to the public. Those meetings will be held at the Holiday Inn in downtown Lincoln on:
- September 4: 9:00 am (for consumer advocacy groups) and 1:00 pm (for providers)
- September 6: 1:00 pm (for insurers)
In addition, the Department of Insurance has announced that they will be holding a series of informal public meetings throughout Nebraska to get input on the creation of the new health insurance exchange in Nebraska.
- August 27 – Gering (Gering Civic Center, 1050 M Street) 6-9 PM
- August 28 – Kearney (Ramada Inn, 301 2nd Ave) 6-9 PM
- August 30 – Nebraska City (Lied Lodge, 2700 Sylvan Rd) 6-9 PM
- September 10 – Omaha (Omaha Ramada Plaza, 3321 S 72nd St) 6-9 PM
- September 12 – South Sioux City (Marina Inn Conference Center, 385 E 4th St) 6-9 PM
Please attend the meeting in your area. Your voice is needed to make sure the exchanges are focused on consumers and work for all Nebraskans. There aren’t many opportunities for consumers to give feedback. Don’t pass up this opportunity!
Thanks for your efforts!