Now is the time to start planning your Welcoming Week event, and we can help!
Welcoming Week is September 10th-19th and we’re ready to help you plan how you want to celebrate your community as a welcoming place!
Each year, Welcoming Week is a chance for neighbors from all backgrounds to come together, get to know one another, and celebrate what unites us as a community.
The theme for Welcoming Week this year is “Belonging Begins With Us.” Whether it’s starting a new job, changing schools or neighborhoods, we’ve all had moments where we felt like we didn’t belong. And for people who moved to this country, this experience can last more than a moment. Yet, because we all know how it feels to be excluded, we also know how to make others feel they belong. When that happens, communities can fully harness the strengths, talents, and contributions of each person to build shared prosperity.
This Welcoming Week, let’s declare that #BelongingBeginsWithUS – that each and every one of us has the power to help others, regardless of their background, to feel seen, embraced, welcomed, and included in our communities.
“What kind of event can I host for Welcoming Week?”
- Clean up a park or street to beautify your community
- Paint a community mural
- A cooking demonstration with an immigrant chef
- A business tour highlighting immigrant-owned businesses
- A Civic Dinner on belonging
- A virtual dance party with an immigrant DJ
- Find more awesome ideas and key information in the official Welcoming Week 2021 Toolkit from Welcoming America!
Please contact us if you’re interested in hosting a Welcoming Week event at your workplace, school, faith group, or neighborhood! We’d love to help you plan something!
- Khenda Mustafa – email@example.com – 402-540-8407 (cell)
- Christa Yoakum – firstname.lastname@example.org – 402-890-5662 (cell)
Thank you, and we look forward to hearing from you!