There are many ways to get involved with Appleseed, and we welcome all passionate individuals who are interested in learning more about becoming engaged in our work.
Please read about our volunteer opportunities below to see which opportunities interest you, and how you can fit into Appleseed’s work. Once you fill out our volunteer form, a staff member will be in touch with you about next steps towards joining us in the fight for justice and opportunity for all Nebraskans.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering! Due to COVID-19, Appleseed is currently not accepting any new volunteers. Please continue to check our website and our Facebook to stay informed about what is going on in our community.
If you are still interested in getting involved, we recommend three things:
- Fill out the 2020 Census! If you’ve already filled it out, remind two friends to do the same. Please reach out if you have any questions about the Census.
- Register to vote and make a voting plan! If you’ve already done this, again remind two friends to do the same.
- Sign up for Appleseed’s Take Action Emails so you know when to contact decision makers in Nebraska.
Internships & Clerkships
Nebraska Appleseed routinely has positions for interns and law clerks to help support our work. If you are interested in being a law clerk or intern please complete our electronic application form and attach a cover letter and resume. Apply below for Law Clerk and Intern positions.
The Nebraska Appleseed Internship Program is a hands-on way to learn about nonprofit and advocacy work in Nebraska.
Our internships are part time, unpaid positions. Internships are generally 8-12 hours per week, but can vary depending on position and projects. Interns may work to conduct research projects, assist with advocacy and public policy work, help with community outreach and education, and provide general office support. Interns work directly under the supervision of a program and/or support manager.
We are currently accepting applications for Spring 2021 internships. The deadline to apply for a Spring 2021 internship is Monday, November 30th at 9am CST. When applying, please make sure that you:
- Only upload files that are 5MB or less in size.
- Receive a confirmation email at the email address you provided. If you do not receive an email, please resubmit your application until you receive one.
If you have any questions, please email our Program Assistant, Erin, at email@example.com.
Nebraska Appleseed clerkships are full or part time positions open to current law students that provide opportunities to experience a wide variety of public interest law. Law clerks will do research, legal writing, litigation support, assist with administrative appeals and advocacy and conduct public policy research and analysis. Law clerks work directly under the supervision of Nebraska Appleseed Staff Attorneys allowing them to get one on one attention and direction.
- Economic Justice Program Law Clerk
- Immigrants & Communities Program Law Clerk
- Health Care Program Law Clerk
- Child Welfare Program Law Clerk