The Foster Care Reform Legal Resource Center Listserv provides a forum for information and dialogue among attorneys to influence legal precedent in the juvenile courts in a positive way.
Appleseed will send a regular update highlighting child welfare case law, policy and legislative developments, and foster care reform issues. The updates will mainly focus on Nebraska juvenile court practice, but will from time to time feature successful reform or relevant case law developments in other states. We also encourage list members to use the list to communicate with one another about issues and challenges that arise in their juvenile court practices.
Note: Due to the confidential nature of legal discussions, the listserv is restricted to guardians ad litem and counsel representing biological or foster parents only.
- Do not use any client identifying information on the list. Doing so is a breach of your duty of confidentiality to your client.
- This list is intended to provide a forum for discussion of legal strategies and other issues. Therefore, the content of emails received through the list should be treated as the confidential work product of those sending them and members agree that they will not forward or otherwise distribute the contents to others who would not meet the criteria for list membership (GALs and attorneys for biological or foster parents only). At the same time, be aware that it is always possible that someone may violate this rule and that emails could be forwarded to county attorneys or others. As such, you are advised to use caution when discussing issues in individual cases. Also, please be mindful that attorneys for other parties in your case may also be on the listserv.
- This listserv may not be used for any lobbying activities, such as encouraging members to contact the legislature to support or oppose any pending legislation.
- Please be respectful. No personal attacks or discussion of individual attorneys, judges, court personnel, etc.
- Do not post commercial messages or “spam”.
- Do not post any defamatory, profane, or illegal materials on the list.
- Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants Nebraska Appleseed and other list users the right to reproduce postings to this listserv.
Nebraska Appleseed is not responsible for opinions and information posted on this list by persons or entities other than Nebraska Appleseed and does not guarantee the accuracy of such information. Nebraska Appleseed disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by Nebraska Appleseed or any third party. In no event shall Nebraska Appleseed be liable for any special, indirect or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use of any information posted.
Nebraska Appleseed reserves the right to deny participation to any individual or to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
I acknowledge that I have read, understand and agree to follow the above rules. I also acknowledge that I have read and understand the disclaimer.Accept Cancel