As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to push school nutrition programs to their limits, No Kid Hungry and Nebraska Appleseed are excited to announce a funding opportunity to support providing food and nutrition to Nebraska families and children.
This grant is open on a rolling basis and can offer funds ranging from $5,000 – $50,000. Funds are intended to support programs adapting to changing needs resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic including:
- Meal service supplies and equipment
- Costs of hiring additional staff positions or increasing hours for existing staff
- Transportation costs associated with meal delivery such as refrigerated trucks or fuel
- New costs associated with COVID-19 preparedness like no-touch point of service machines, hand washing stations, PPE equipment and cleaning supplies
- Non-reimbursable food costs for school food pantries, backpack programs or adult meals
- Program outreach, enrollment assistance and marketing costs
- Additional expenses as needed
Funds will be prioritized for locations experiencing economic hardship because of COVID-19, areas with large immigrant or rural communities, or communities of color, and programs that can sustain their community work into the future.
For program-related questions, please contact Eric Savaiano, Economic Justice Program Manager, Nebraska Appleseed by emailing email@example.com. For technical or portal-related questions, please contact GrantsHelpDesk@strength.org.